What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Governer Cable Alignment

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I just completed my left baffle air ramp and am wondering about the alignment of the governor cable bracket. The plans say to place as required, so I laid it out on a whim, later, once I placed the ramp, the cable hole appears to be out of lateral alignment with the governor. It appears there would be a rather large offset to get from the hole to the governor attach arm.

I have to redo the ramp for an edge distance issue anyway, but I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to move the bracket it over on the new ramp to be closer in alignment with the governor.

WP_002074.jpg

Mark,
As the actuator arm rotationally, it also moves laterally, so I drilled my hole to be in alignment at the middle of the travel. I am using the Hartzell gov. I also ordered a new arm, which is longer, so that I would have full travel at that throttle quadrant. This of course would not be necessary with a vernier control.[FONT=&quot] P/N is 103568. Price is $26.75[/FONT]
IMG_2600.jpg

Thanks, I have that post marked for future reference. I assume this part was ordered direct from HartzellPropellers.com?

Ditto.

I aligned mine correctly at 50% travel.

The current hole looks too far off to get on my airplane. I'd move the hole on the next one for sure.

Phil

Last edited:
Back