What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got Wheels!

BigD

Well Known Member
2uifxub.jpg

This will go much quicker on the next airplane I build...had a little bit of head scratching between the plans and the instructions for the Matco wheels/brakes. Then had to do a little trimming on the pants brackets and on the included axle spacers. Also, the Van's axle nuts spun right on, but the ones with the oval cut hole in them (also purchased with the wheels/brakes) took quite a bit of force - so much so that we stuck with the original equipment for now and I'll call Monday to see if that should be expected or not, unless someone here has had a similar experience.

Next up, cabin top...

==dave==

Had a hard time with the matco myself. Use the spacer from planaround but don't put the small spacer washers in. I just did these this spring and had to call Matco myself and they agreed that there instructions need to be changed and they said they were going to madify them. Two problems; one is your fittings for the brake lines are to close to the plate those you have to not use the small washers which gives you another 1/8" and two the vans nut carter pin hole barely reaches the axle so I put the nut in the layth and took off another 1/8". I beleive this is the way it worked trying to remember.
Do have to say Matco wheel and brake look awsome though.

Back