What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got Started!

NewGuy

Good Morning, All:

Yesterday, I finally, officially got started on RV-7, N702KK. Started with the horizontal stabilizer, using the sequence set forth by the manual. I clecoed as much together as I could, just to see what it looked like. Will continue this morning filing and dressing the rear spar reinforcement bars.

Does any one have a collection of photos that they took as they built that they would consider giving out as a crutch for us new guys? It would be nice to look at the manual, look at the plans and then see a picture of what it really looks like.

I already have some questions and as soon as I figure out how to attach photos (the icon in the tool bar, I suppose), I will post some questions.

This is going to be fun!

Ken Korenek
4 hours into the project
Arlington, Texas

Trim VS-702

Ken, when you get to the vertical stabilizer, trim 5/8" off of the lower end of VS-702 before you start your build-up. It's one of those things that Van does that will drive you nutty later. Before the vertical stab is fitted to the plane, Van instructs you to trim 5/8" off the end of this part. Not "trim as necessary", but just remove 5/8"! It's easier to do now, but make sure that you somehow mark the finished assembly as "already trimmed".

Check out Dan's C's website. He has done a remarkable job documenting his build. It's the benchmark of sites, me thinks.

Roberta

Reference drawing

captainron said:
Ken, when you get to the vertical stabilizer, trim 5/8" off of the lower end of VS-702 before you start your build-up. It's one of those things that Van does that will drive you nutty later. Before the vertical stab is fitted to the plane, Van instructs you to trim 5/8" off the end of this part. Not "trim as necessary", but just remove 5/8"! It's easier to do now, but make sure that you somehow mark the finished assembly as "already trimmed".

The reference drawing for this is 27A

How do I find Dan C's website address?

I looked in the member's list and did not see a "Dan C."

Help the new guy out- how do I find his website?

"New guys is so satupid..."

Ken Korenek
Arlington, Texas

DAN IS HERE.....

NewGuy said:
How do I find Dan C's website address?
I looked in the member's list and did not see a "Dan C."
Help the new guy out- how do I find his website?

"New guys is so satupid..."

Ken Korenek
Arlington, Texas
HERE HE IS....... http://www.rvproject.com/

Dan is also faster on the keyboard.................. :D

Last edited:
Back