What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got my Repairman Certificate ...

Rupester

Well Known Member
... and they sent me a nifty plastic wallet card that looks just like my PPL. Is there any reason I would have to carry the Repairman Certificate on my person? I already have plenty of cards in my wallet .... I don't need any more in there. Couldn't i just put the card in my aircrafft file, from which I could retrieve it if someone ever asked for it?

Put it in the sleeve with Reg and Cert in the plane... it will always be with you when you're working on the plane. :)

Keep it with your aircraft maintenance log books. You don't need to have it with you for any maintenance procedures.

The only time you will need it is when you sign off your inspection and you need the number from it. And also, when the FAA is looking at your maintenance log books.

Or keep it with the aircraft logbooks. You only need it when you sign off the condition inspection.
But I like to show it off. Of my 3 similar looking plastic cards (commercial; cfii; repairman) I'm most proud of the Repairman certificate.

I kinduv like the idea of keeping it with my logbooks. Seems like I have enough 'stuf' to carry in the plane ... between tool kit, spare tubes, gust locks, wheel chocks, etc. Besides, keeping that 15 gram card with my logbooks will keep down my flying weight. ;)

Back