What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got a Few Hours of Left Seat Time

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
Not flying, just sitting and trying to tune up that Skyview, lots and lots to learn.
I DID figure out how to do a screenshot, here is mine and following are some questions. If you see something I missed, let me know.
2vifo0k.jpg
[/IMG]
One thing that bothers me is the display, it has the sky on the bottom, and the ground on top! Makes me feel like I screwed the display in upside down.
I could not get rid of that G meter no matter how hard I tried (I could not get it to zero either).
Most of the time I was trying to get the SL40 and transponder to show up on the display, miserably failed in that as well.
Absolutely no clue as to how I am supposed to update the aviation database.
I am still in my garage, no idea how I got that 184 miles per hour in the speed display.
Lots of other stuff on the display that I don't have a clue about.

I know you wont like hearing this, but while you were laying there in your tail cone, it looks like you mounted your ADAHRs upside down.

I know you wont like hearing this, but while you were laying there in your tail cone, it looks like you mounted your ADAHRs upside down.

That is what I was thinking also.

Welcome to the frustrating and confusing world of EFIS setup. :rolleyes:

Oh the shame and embarrassment of it all! I had considered that possibility but had not double checked it. You are of course quite correct as I now look at the plans.
Not my fault, Dynon should have had a sticker saying "this side up" or something:mad:
Nobody even noticed when I posted the photos of it
x5y59v.jpg
[/IMG].

The g-meter should not read zero unless things are floating around the cabin.

We live in a one g gravity field. (Bet you knew that!)

Dave

G-Meter

I think the G-Meter is automatically displayed whenever the system detects an unusual attitude. Perhaps it will automatically go away as soon as your plane is right side up, or as soon as the Skyview thinks it's right side up.

Dumb looking box is smarter than it looks.

What a smart box, even knows if it is installed upside down! All is much better now. Even got the G meter out from negative Gs to where it should be.
2ugdsgp.jpg
[/IMG]
35mm5mv.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
It did not go away, but it allowed me to remove it when back upright.
Make a note: If you are flying inverted and wish to change your G meter, roll upright first!
I think the G-Meter is automatically displayed whenever the system detects an unusual attitude. Perhaps it will automatically go away as soon as your plane is right side up, or as soon as the Skyview thinks it's right side up.

The G meter is configured to appear on the screen if you go out side of a specific parameter (I think above +1.5 or below -.5), even if you have it shut off. So your -1 G indication would have made it stay on even if you were selecting off.

Back