What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GoPro on the wingtip, down the river and beach on Father's Day

Arlen

Well Known Member
...with daughter Mackenzie. Special times...

RV-6
Trying out some new equipment:
-- GoPro Hero3
-- Polar Pro filter (to produce a realistic propeller blurring)
-- PlaneAround mount (to fit tiedown rings, wingtips, etc. -- thanks, Sean)

Serenity, sunrise, a great daughter, and the Beatles:
http://youtu.be/-JYwGbm7oYk

GoPro

I would like to see how you mounted your GoPro please.

I enjoyed your video and music!

Thanks

Phil

...with daughter Mackenzie. Special times...

RV-6
Trying out some new equipment:
-- GoPro Hero3
-- Polar Pro filter (to produce a realistic propeller blurring)
-- PlaneAround mount (to fit tiedown rings, wingtips, etc. -- thanks, Sean)

Serenity, sunrise, a great daughter, and the Beatles:
http://youtu.be/-JYwGbm7oYk

The PlaneAround mount is really nice. It will also screw into the tiedown ring receivers underneath.

But I like the top view best. One issue I had with it is that I would like to move it a few inches further forward to have less wing showing in the bottom of the video view, but the mount is flat. I'll have to give it a little bend to move forward on the wingtip.

Great video. I'm curious if you noticed any flight characteristic changes as has been documented in other threads. If not or something that you didn't pay a lot of attention to I'm wondering if you would do some testing and let us know. I'm considering purchasing this mount as well but not at an expense of a higher stall speed (maybe 1 or 2 knots but 10 or 12 as other threads have reported).

Thank you for sharing.
-Amir

Down the River

Great shots Arlen. Man, that is one more good looking airplane. Flies great too. Thanks for posting.:D

Big trip

Wonderful. Keep us posted. Want to know where you are going and how the trip progresses. It has already been to Alaska so it should know the way there.

Back