What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good Taste

cars with aircraft engines

Brian: The Tucker automobile did have a Lycoming engine under its hood.
TN

Thanks Brian!

Well, after buying 21L back in May a year ago, and visiting the site everyday starting in Jan of that year since, I suppose its time to log on and formally introduce myself - er, us. Yep, I couldn't be a happier dude. Got the airplane of my dreams and the woman of my dreams. And the best part of this is, she knew me before I started flying and has stuck with me through all of it...the training, the time building, the joblessness, and buying an airplane! Brian, we've been visiting our photographers web site everyday hoping to find some pictures of the wedding. Imagine my surprise and excitment when I came on the site today to see a picture of Christin and I! Thanks for coming to the reception and the gift! Thanks to Doug for hosting such a wonderful site and to all of you for providing such a friendly and informative site. As soon as I can figure how to upload some pictures, I'll post some shots we got of our engagment shoot with the RV:D

wedding congrats

Congratulations! While I can't say we flew away after the wedding, we did own an airplane before a car.
Happily married RV wannabe's (pilots and owners of other aircraft),
Barbara and Bill Hunt

WOW!!!

Daniel... I did not expect to hear from you so soon!!!! Folks... this man is dedicated... He is still on his honeymoon and he is checking the forums!!!!

Like I said.... This man has STYLE!!!

Best
Brian Wallis

It was good taste for Daniel and Christin, Sher says no

It's very good taste when the Bride's dress matches the airplane!!!!
My friend Daniel and his (now wife) Christin were recently married... and the young charming couple flew away in his RV-4. Brian Wallis

http://brianwallis.smugmug.com/gallery/8760085_hC34W#579713791_oS7XQ

I started thinking about our own version after reading this last week and then I saw this dress in the window of a bridal store while waiting out a red light. It all came together.

The wedding party would arrive in this.
helicopter.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Sherri would walk down the isle, err hanger wearing this.
bridei.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We would swoop off together.
n994w004cn6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
After showing Sherri the plan she took the TV off mute and turned away. I don't understand, last week she thought this thread was romantic and beautiful. I'll never understand women.

Last edited:
Back