What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good Gram Scale for Measauring Pro-Seal

David Paule

Well Known Member
I'm using a Soehnle 66150 digital scale to mix my Pro-Seal. It reads down to 1/10 gram, and has a 500 g max capacity. It comes with a calibration weight.

I tried putting it in a Ziploc bag but the bag was too stiff to get good results. But a loose wrap in plastic kitchen wrap worked well.

Look around for a good price - Amazon might not be a good source for this.

Dave

Scale

I'm using a Soehnle 66150 digital scale to mix my Pro-Seal. It reads down to 1/10 gram, and has a 500 g max capacity. It comes with a calibration weight.

I tried putting it in a Ziploc bag but the bag was too stiff to get good results. But a loose wrap in plastic kitchen wrap worked well.

Look around for a good price - Amazon might not be a good source for this.

Dave

Shame on me. :eek: I used a cheapo Harbor Fright.

Jennings CJ600 600g x 0.1g Digital Scal

I used a Jennings CJ600 600g x 0.1g Digital Scale. Available on Amazon and other places below $40. It lasted through the build and I would buy again if broken. Has the tare feature so you can zero the weight with your cup and then add the proseal and zero again to add the black activator. Since it goes down to 1/10 of a gram, you can accurately make small batches. Absolutely no connection other than a satisfied user.

41TBH-4PZyL._SX355_.jpg

Don't get too bent out of shape measuring proseal. The mix is not all that critical.

$9.95 from Amazon while my wife was buying something else. Its got smears of proseal and paint on it from use. I used the .01g accuracy for fun. There's only so many times you can mix 50g of proseal without trying to challange yourself. I used Popsicle sticks to remove tiny little bits to get it just right.

Dont sweat mixing proseal.

Don't get too bent out of shape measuring proseal. The mix is not all that critical.

I used an old manual postal scale that was hanging around the house. Probably couldn't get a dollar out of it.

As Mel states, it does not need to be that precise.

Back