What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Going to KRAP

JonJay

Well Known Member
Already done my flight planning but wanted to say KRAP in the forum.
Been in the park before and staying in BlueBell, but any local knowledge about airport or VFR procedures would be appreciated. Looks straight forward.
One stop in western MT, Three Forks (my Osh stop before), then KRAP. Had to get that in there twice.
We’ll do a quick air photo op of Crazy and Rush either coming or going…..
Last minute. Leaving early am.

Don’t mistake Ellsworth for KRAP lol. Several airliners have….its pretty straight forward. Winds can be nasty.
Good point. I’ll be coming in slightly from the south, to make it a tad easier to I’d.
Weather looks awesome.

Already done my flight planning but wanted to say KRAP in the forum.
Been in the park before and staying in BlueBell, but any local knowledge about airport or VFR procedures would be appreciated. Looks straight forward.
One stop in western MT, Three Forks (my Osh stop before), then KRAP. Had to get that in there twice.
We’ll do a quick air photo op of Crazy and Rush either coming or going…..
Last minute. Leaving early am.
I told my grandson the identifier for Rapid City…he just laughed.

...but any local knowledge about airport ...would be appreciated.
All I can say is "been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt" (literally). They have a complete assortment of KRAP apparel to choose from. :) Enjoy your trip!!
FF1D3365-03F4-42B6-8445-98C446D2C7A3.jpeg

Been over a decade since I was there. Wx was an issue so I went there unplanned, called the tower, and did what they said.

Uneventful. Approach out of Ellsworth walked us in, which I would recommend, as there was a significant amount of activity; regional jets, tour choppers, etc…. I was surprised how many passenger jets around and how many people were in the small terminal.
Westjet is a fine FBO manned 24/7

Back