What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Going to Grady

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
This past Saturday I flew my RV10 from Central Florida to Fort Worth. Flying time was 5:05 in the air. I did stop half way and filled the tanks as I would have come up a couple of gallons short if non stop so the total time was 6 hours. What a great cross country machine. I flew it by hand the entire trip and could not have been more comfortable. My buddy Jay was along for the ride and slept most of the trip, very comfortable. We had a slight tail wind most of the way and the AFS4500's were indicating between 175 and 195 knots GS most of the trip.

Thursday or Friday the aircraft will jump over to 52F for Grady to start the paint so maybe I can get Doug to take some pictures. [ed. Will do! dr]

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
Pat - While you're in town if you would like to get your prop balanced at the same time just give me a shout. We are just across the runway from Glo Custom and work with Grady quite often to get these done for our transient RV visitors :D

Welcome to Texas!

Pat

I am going to fly the exact trip in the opposite direction next month for a buddies fini-flight (he is leaving the Air Force so he gets to travel in the "company jet" :rolleyes: while I am chasing him in my -7). If you dont mind me asking, where did you stop to gas-up along the way?

Thanks!

Marco

Last edited:
Back