What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Getting Bigger!

gblwy

Well Known Member
I believe that the specifications in the RV-12 section of the mother ship have been updated. Seems that the plane has put on a few pounds, and 4 inches of height if my memory serves me well.

Must be those festive season excesses!

Cheers...Keith

I believe that the specifications in the RV-12 section of the mother ship have been updated. Seems that the plane has put on a few pounds, and 4 inches of height if my memory serves me well.

Must be those festive season excesses!

Cheers...Keith

I think you need to tune up your memory.

Actually Vam's has posted different empty weights, but this included the prototype. On the Van's web site under RV-12 development the 11-08-2006 update had a weight of 714 on roll out of N912VA. If you click on the "additional information" link the later weight was 750 lbs. The specs for the plane we are building shows 740 lbs. All of this is pretty meaningless unless I get back to the gym and stop eating junk food,

Height

Van's "Specification" tab for the RV-12 show overall height as 8' 4". However, it is quoted as 96 inches in the general information - allegedly extracted from RVator 3 for 2008.

? overall length (including pitot tube!) 250"
? vert stab height (air in the tires, wings off/on) 96"
? gear width (outside of tires, wings off/on) 84"
? main gear to trailing edge of stabilator 168"
? fuselage width at widest part 44"
? total wing span 322"
? stabilator width 96"

These stats were provided for trailer builders. 4" might make a difference to some folks.

Changes in specs

You are correct....that 4 inches is great..my hangar door is 8-1" so 96 would just clear without messing around pulling the tail down....its close bit do-able.

Back