What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear to spinner measurement?

sprucemoose

Well Known Member
Could someone with a flying (or on the gear) 10 give me the measurement from the main gear axle to the tip of the spinner?

Come on, somebody has to have this measurement handy! I need to it properly mark off the parking rows at Oshkosh.

Like last year, RV-10s not camping with their planes will be in a row by themselves at the far east end of Area 51 (AKA the Sea of RVs.)

I just got to the hangar and measured too. Not the same as Vic's though, as I came it at almost exactly 9' (a gnats hair less I would guess). But, that's with the normal Van's spinner, so I don't doubt that Vic's right too. He's got the MT spinner. Either way, call it 10' and you could handle any RV-10. The wing leading edge to spinner on mine was about 82" too, but add some additional for longer spinners as well.

If you need other measurements, just shout.

BTW: A rough measurement of wingspan is 31'. Axle to tail tip is 16', Tail width is 12'. These are all *rough*....no snap lines used.

Tim

Thanks Vic and Tim. Within 6 inches is plenty close enough. We want to get the fence sections alligned with the rows more accurately than we did last year, to make getting in and out easier. This will help.

Back