What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear Leg Trailing Edge Adhesive

Tracer 10

Well Known Member
RV6 Any suggestions on what to use to glue trailing edge lower 16 inches that keep gaping open about 1/8"?? Tried Hysol and Fiberglass with no luck. Have always clamped it up using aluminum wedge and good clamps.
Tempted to try Pro Seal??

Proseal would work to seal any gaps. Put a good coat of wax or mold release on one side of the gear leg fairing for easy removal, just don't use too much proseal that the hinge would get filled up. We use proseal at work to seal the edge gap of panels on business jets for aerodynamic purposes.

On my first RV6 I built up a dam of epoxy on one inner edge of the fairing and then had a flat to flat surface to deal with. I then used double sided VHB tape from 3M to close the edge. At annual all that has to be done is slide a razor knife along the seam to open the fairing and then just reseal with another piece of tape. This is a very easy, clean method to close those trailing edges and not have to bother with piano hinge and wire.

Back