What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gascolator fit

Can anyone post some general pictures of their gascolator i.e what fitting goes through the firewall and a front view of the way it fits on the firewall.
I am fitting a GAS-5 unit .

Can anyone post some general pictures of their gascolator i.e what fitting goes through the firewall and a front view of the way it fits on the firewall.
I am fitting a GAS-5 unit .

David,

It's on the OPS plans, you'll have the support bracket, I think its a VA161 first. Easy to mount... draw a staight line off the side firewall angle, set the bracket in a drill it from the inside out. The bracket will almost level itself. Once all the holes are drilled, open up the center gascolator hole to 5/8", remove, debur and rivet her on. The fitting off the back is a blue AN anodized 45 degree fitting. Bolt on the gascolator last. FYI... The reinforcement bracket calls for two rivets on the firewall side. This is totally not necessary, drill the bottom hole that matches the dimpled hole in the firewall and cut the tab off to match... way overkill here.

Darrell

Last edited:
Back