What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gascolator bolts???

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Anyone know the size or a number for the 4 machine screws that attach the gascolator bowl to the upper section. The slots on mine are pretty chewed up already (must be soft) and I'd like to replace them but since they come with the gascolator they're not in Van's listing.

THANKS!

Wayne 120241/ 143 WM-- 200-hour =engine inspection completed today.

Quick bolt identifier

I printed a chart off the internet that shows the bolt size/number....length, thread, etc. Sorry, I don't remember which site.

Found in other post

MS35265-63, SCREW, MACHINE, FILLISTER HEAD, 10-24 UNC-2A

MS35265-63 also sold on ebay

MS35265-Fillister-Head-Steel-Screw.jpg

perhaps consider a substitute????

...every time I take mine off and on, I wish they weren't slotted.
ANYTHING else would be better.
Slotted head screws belong on...well...absolutely nothing! Certainly not an aircraft in the 21st century.
I'd also like to cross-drill the safety wire holes so it doesn't take half an hour to re-safety them ( gives you another option for alignment)
....no wonder lots of guys just use lock-tite on these.

And the firewall stiffener kit requires the removal of the gascolator bowl. I was able to rotate the gascolator to install the firewall stiffener, but hey, I do not have the sides skins on yet.

Jeff

Yep, this is the email I got from Usher a month or so ago:

The screw is:
MS35265-63, SCREW, MACHINE, FILLISTER HEAD, 10-24 UNC-2A
Can get them at aircraft spruce or Spencer Aircraft or could probably find something at your hardware store.

Back