What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gas tank

Flyer68

Well Known Member
I was a little disappointed to see the gas tank in the finishing kit has to be assembled and riveted together. The means more work w/the "Black Stuff From ****!" I was hoping for a completed gas tank that I would just have to stick in there and plumb up. ****!

Bill:(

Looks like the folks at Vans didn't want the -12 builders to miss out on any of the fun the other RV builders enjoy.

Tank sealer tip: I stole some of my wife's cake decorating bags & #7 nozzles. Get the sealer in the bag and squeeze it out like frosting. Very controlable, and easy to get the exact amount you need where you need it. I use a "Q" tip to catch the little tail that follows when you pull away. Lots of "waste" material in the bag, but the end result is good and worth it IMHO. I just throw away the bag & nozzle when I'm done.

I wonder if she will miss them? :rolleyes:

:eek:

Last edited:
Just a guess

I think there will be a square-ish plastic tank, but they will have us cut holes in it to add fittings and senders and fillers and stuff like that. Boy, I hope my guess is good. Don't save this post in case I am wrong !

John Bender

Fuel Tank

Look in section 4 page 4. All the tank parts are listed. Most of them are Aluminum.

Page 5 has some too

I'm still hoping. See page 5. Two tanks are listed. I'll know next week I guess.

John Bender

Think page 5 are just more parts

I'm still hoping. See page 5. Two tanks are listed. I'll know next week I guess.

John Bender

John- sorry to burst your bubble but I looked at page 5 and the only things I see there are a flange and strainer under the category of "tank". I think you will find the tank in aluminum pieces when your finish kit arrives!

Looks like the folks at Vans didn't want the -12 builders to miss out on any of the fun the other RV builders enjoy.
<SNIP>

He he :D scratch building a RV and ProSealing tanks is a right of passage didn't you know, and here we RV12'ers were thinking we would get away with it. ;)

I give

You guys are no fun at all ! ! ! ! I suppose reading the instructions carefully will be a good idea in that section also.

John Bender

Back