What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gas money

mytt86

I'm New Here
I am a KC135 Pilot somewhat new to the Wichita, KS area. I have long been on the lookout for some localish RV's, heard rumors of a few but have never had the chance to fly in one...I have gas money! Lots of fixed wing time, and would love to feel one out. Anybody wanna split some gas money?

I am Air Force and of course deployed quite often, but while i am home some this summer I would love to pick up the gas costs for you if you would like to share the ride experience. My dad and I have considering building an 8 and have been for some time, but looking to try out any type/meet some RV experts real world. Please send PM if interested.

Thanks! Matt

I am a KC135 Pilot somewhat new to the Wichita, KS area. I have long been on the lookout for some localish RV's, heard rumors of a few but have never had the chance to fly in one...I have gas money! Lots of fixed wing time, and would love to feel one out. Anybody wanna split some gas money?

Don't worry about the money when you've got your own KC135. You'll have a mile long queue of local RV guys wanting to give you demo rides :)

PS. Nearly forgot... RV's run better on avgas

Last edited:

I am Air Force and of course deployed quite often, but while i am home some this summer I would love to pick up the gas costs for you if you would like to share the ride experience. My dad and I have considering building an 8 and have been for some time, but looking to try out any type/meet some RV experts real world. Please send PM if interested.

Thanks! Matt

Shy away from the "free ride". I got mine and it end up costing me many thousands of dollars. Go figure.

Matt, there are a lot of RVers in Wichita and a pretty active RV club. I'm working on the fuselage for my 9A now, and would welcome a second set of eyes and hands if you're interested in getting some build experience or just want to come take a look.

A good friend in the area is building an 8A in the finishing stage as well. I can put you in touch with him and guys with finished planes that would undoubtedly be happy to take you up on that $60,000 "free" ride.

Feel free to PM or email me for contact info. Email address is my VAF user name at hotmail dot com.

Back