What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

gas cap venting

olderthandirt

Well Known Member
The instructions on gas cap say to drill holes to allow venting... I had Skylane 182 and replaced gas caps do to water intrusion..this sounds like to me same thing..place for water to get into gas tank??? anyone have comment?? Dick

From Vans: "if you have the vent line from the tank instaled the cap can be left unmodified."

out of date??

out of date instructions on cap that came last week?? and I bought the factory tank so would guess it has current vent line described?

Assuming you got your tank recently, I'd guess it has the vent fitting but you can easily check to make sure. Check out pages 37-01 and 37-08 of the KAI. You can see the vent and tank fitting back near the fuel filler and can check your tank.

out of date instructions on cap that came last week?? and I bought the factory tank so would guess it has current vent line described?

Yep. The instructions packaged with the gas gap have never been updated. When I did my tank this past summer, I called Van's to verify that I did NOT need to drill the cap. I had the same out-of-date instructions packaged with my cap.

I'm sure they would save themselves a few phone calls if they updated instructions packed with the cap.

Back