What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin tutorials at Oshkosh

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Anyone know if Garmin plans any tutorials for the 2 inch GPS navigator series (175/375) at Oshkosh? I know they have them for the fancier systems.
Figs

In the Garmin tent, they usually have several simulated panels. Find the one that closely matches what you have (or want) and any Garmin rep can give you a course on how to use it. very helpful.

In the Garmin tent, they usually have several simulated panels. Find the one that closely matches what you have (or want) and any Garmin rep can give you a course on how to use it. very helpful.
Respectfully, the problem with that scheme is that there are twenty other people trying to shop for panels and get the Garmin Reps attention, and they will work with any one ustomer as long as the customer keeps asking questions (becasue they are polite), so if you ask them to “give you a course”, you’re tying up a lot of resources others want to use as well…. That’s why they have the tent briefings…

Not saying don’t - just consider the impacts…

Paul is correct - in a busy tradeshow environment, you'll have much better luck getting clarification on a particular point or item of interest, rather than "show me everything I need to know"...!

Hence the question about tutorials as I received an email from Garmin today about tutorials for the GTN Xi series and wondered if they planned on others. As noted the Garmin product tents are a bit of a zoo and best for getting an answer to a specific issue.
Figs

They do have classes ever hour discussing the garmin equipment and how it works, how to install, etc.
i was able to sit down with a rep after hours and have them review my panel schematic. Took about 30 min. I am forever grateful for that review.

While these are focused on GTN and G3XT/TXi Flight Displays, I still wanted to provide a link to the live training available at AirVenture 2024. These paid instructor-led training opportunities take place right behind the Garmin tent, next to the seminar tents. While operation of the GTN and 2" GPS Navigator units aren't exactly the same, user interfaces are similar and still may be beneficial for your need.

B/R,

Back