What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

garmin sl30 low volume transmission

buj94565

I'm New Here
i've been told my transmissions are very low from my garmin sl30... the unit is 3 years old on my rv12 with 300 hours... the transmissions are very clear...no static or noise...just no volume...

before i take it to the avionics shop, i thought i'd post here incase there is something i'm missing...an adjustment perhaps... any advice would be appreciated... thanks... buj

It could be anything from the mike to audio panel (if any) to the audio gain within the SL30.
I'm at KLVK (Livermore), and also have an SL30. Be happy to swap units to do an A-B comparison if you'd like.

Bob

Could even be something as simple as having your mike too far from your mouth, instead of right up to your lips.

Or, the mike might be "backwards". Make sure the "Talk" side of the mike is toward your mouth.

Troubleshooting advice: "Start with the cheap potential fixes!" :p

Page 36 of the SL-30 install manual tells you how to set the mic gain. This setting goes from 0 to 255, and the manual suggests a setting of 128 as working with most headsets.

You might want to check this setting first. If you don't have a copy of the install manual to find out how to check such settings send me your email address and I'll send it.

Carl

Back