What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin SL-40 problem

AX-O

Well Known Member
All,
I am having a problem with my Garmin SL-40. At the start of flight test I was able to monitor the "stand-by" freq. Now I am no longer able to listen to the frequency that is on "stand-by" even when the "M" is displayed. The documentation has minimal info on troubleshooting.

Is there a setting that I may have potentially disabled during my set up? I can't find anything that indicates a setting but I can't figure out why the primary frequency works fine but INOP when I try to monitor the "stand-by" freq. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Don't know specifically on the settings, but it could be a squelch issue. The standby freq mutes when you receive on the primary, so if the squelch is set too low the standby may stay muted.

All,
I am having a problem with my Garmin SL-40. At the start of flight test I was able to monitor the "stand-by" freq. Now I am no longer able to listen to the frequency that is on "stand-by" even when the "M" is displayed. The documentation has minimal info on troubleshooting.

Is there a setting that I may have potentially disabled during my set up? I can't find anything that indicates a setting but I can't figure out why the primary frequency works fine but INOP when I try to monitor the "stand-by" freq. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Check your email. I just sent you SL40 Service Manual dated April 1997 Draft 3. Hard to believe that the design is almost 20-years old. It may have the info you need.

Back