What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Pitot

Larkrv10

Hi all. Getting ready to install my GAP26. The 2- 3/16" aluminum tubes (AOA and Pitot) are about 2" too long, so I have 2 options. Either cut them off or put in a 90 degree bend. I'm not sure if having 90 degree elbows installed instead of a more gentle bend would affect any AHRS readings, I suspect not.
Any/all opinions welcomed.
Rick
Southampton, Ont

Garmin Pitot 3/16 tubes

Paul how did you connect to these lines. Did you use a #3 AN fitting then to a 1/4 tube safe air fitting, I am at this point.

A pic would be great of you had one.

:)

Hi all. Getting ready to install my GAP26. The 2- 3/16" aluminum tubes (AOA and Pitot) are about 2" too long, so I have 2 options. Either cut them off or put in a 90 degree bend. I'm not sure if having 90 degree elbows installed instead of a more gentle bend would affect any AHRS readings, I suspect not.
Any/all opinions welcomed.
Rick
Southampton, Ont

Since the Pitot is reading ram air pressure and the AOA line is pretty much the same depending on the the impingement angle on the bottom of the tube, adding sharp radius fittings or a smooth bend to the tube will make no real difference. They're both reading pressures with no or little flow, hence no pressure drop for the turns made (unlike heater ducts, piping, etc.). Just do what you need to make the connections and make them air tight and it'll work as advertised.

Back