What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GWX 68 installation

Eduardo

Hello to all,

I would like to know if anyone already installed the GWX 68 in an RV-10??? Would be possible to install this device in this size of airplane?

Does anyone knows some details about this one or even have some pictures about the installation in an RV-10???

Thank you all!

That would be pretty cool to have! I just wonder where in the world would you mount the radar assembly?

GWX68.gif

It looks like it would work well on jets or twins, but there is really no spot up front on a -10 to install it that I can think of.

It could be done via a leading edge pod (this has been done many times on certified high-perf singles), but I doubt anyone has sprung for the cost of the 68 (approx $20K) and the work involved in creating and installing the pod/radome on an RV-10. Never seen a 68 in person so I assume the diameter of the array is not so larage as to make a wing pod impractical.

Edit:

Here's a pic of a Piper Mirage with a pod:
Piper-Mirage-G1000-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah...this radar assembly is my doubt! I know the "radar cover", maybe a composite material in large aircrafts, must has a special paint.
We'll use in a G900X, but this radar "antenna" is the question...where to put in the -10?? or better: maybe it would be possible to install in the -10???:confused:

Back