What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR 200 Connected Using CAN Bus

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hello,

We want to mention that anyone installing a GTR 200 COM radio on the CAN bus in either a G3X or G3X Touch system should make sure the software is updated to V2.50 or later using the SD card.

Every GTR 200 in existence is equipped with the CAN bus interface hardware, but software support for this method of interfacing was not added until V2.50.

Future GTR 200 software updates will be taken care of automatically by the G3X system after the V2.50 software update is installed if the GTR 200 is connected to the CAN bus.

This note does not apply to the GTR 20 remote COM radio. Every GTR 20 has been shipped with software already capable of communicating over the CAN bus.

Thanks,
Steve

GTR 200 etc

Good morning Garmin guys
This post reminded me to check on the data cards I require. I know I need a 4 gb micro sd card for the GTR 200. What type, size and how many do I need for the dual GDU460/465 and the GTN 650?
I haven't found any cards in the connector kits, so assume these are bought separately.
Thx and regards,
Rick
Southampton, Ont

Good morning Garmin guys
This post reminded me to check on the data cards I require. I know I need a 4 gb micro sd card for the GTR 200. What type, size and how many do I need for the dual GDU460/465 and the GTN 650?
I haven't found any cards in the connector kits, so assume these are bought separately.
Thx and regards,
Rick
Southampton, Ont

The GTN 650 will come with its own SD cards. You get 2 of them.

The manual for the GDU 46X recommends a 8GB SD card if I recall correctly and recommends certain brands. You provide those.

Last edited:
SD Card for GDU 37X and GDU 46X

Hello Rick,

Page 1-10 of the Rev. M G3X Installation Manual provides this guidance for the SD card to use with each display type.

1.4.5 SD Card
An SD Card is required to be used as a DataCard. Garmin recommends a 2 GB SanDisk? brand SD card for GDU 37X units, and an 8 GB SanDisk? brand SD card for GDU 46X units.

Thanks,
Steve

SD cards

Hi all.
Brian, thanks for the GTN 650 info. I only received 1 standard SD card with my GTN 650. Looks like it has a data base on it. I will call Stein and double check.
Steve, thanks for the info. I previously read that section, but obviously it didn't "sink in". Can't believe you guys check this forum on a Sunday. On my to buy some SD cards.
Regards, Rick

Back