What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X-Touch fuel sensor?

Is the G3X compatible with the Belite fuel level sensor/sending unit?

http://belite-aircraft.mybigcommerce.com/liquid-level-fuel-probe-with-1-4-probe/

Hello TXFlyGuy,

Here is the relevant information from section 18.3.7.2 of the G3X installation manual:

18.3.7.2 Capacitive Type Fuel Quantity Sensors

Capacitive fuel quantity sensors have either frequency or voltage-based ouputs. Capacitive sensors with 5 V or 12 V, 0-50 kHz frequency outputs including the EI P-300C), are connected to the GEA 24/GSU 73 digital (frequency) fuel quantity inputs. Fuel quantity sensors with 0-5 VDC or 0-12 VDC analog outputs (such as the Skysports or Westach capacitive sensors), are connected to the GEA 24/GSU 73 analog fuel quantity inputs. See Figure 24-2.1 for examples of each type.

The web page you linked to indicates that this fuel quantity sensor provides a 0-5V analog output, so it would indeed be compatible with the G3X Touch system.

- Matt

That is good news! Will the G3X display multiple fuel tank quantity levels? We will have four tanks, so will need a quantity level display for each tank.

That is good news! Will the G3X display multiple fuel tank quantity levels? We will have four tanks, so will need a quantity level display for each tank.

Hello TXFlyGuy,

Yes, the GEA 24 engine/airframe unit supports up to four fuel quantity inputs. For further information, please see section 20.4.10 and Figure 24-2.1 in the current G3X installation manual.

- Matt

dual Stewart Werner senders per tank wiring config

Okay folks I am driving myself crazy here. I cannot figure out how to wire up these senders. Here is my spefifics....
I have my RV10 Sky Designs ER tanks almost assembled.

I am using the Vans Stewart Werner floats. I opted out of CIES. I have added the additional outboard sender to the tank which only has a range as indicated in the plans from half to full. The IB sender has full range empty to full.

I was talking to Ken from SD and he pointed me to someone in AU who added a tank pass through fitting to the sender. I was told there is nothing like this available in the US?? WHAT IS THE POINT OF A PASS THROUGH GOING IN THE FLANGE OF SENDER... see this link from AU. If someone has another link for here in the US I would be appreciative.
https://www.efisolutions.com.au/electrical-bulkhead-terminal-submersible-e85-compa

I spoke with Garmin this morning and THEY told me I can run both IB and OB sender grounds together and have just one ground wire per wing side running up to the GEA24. ????????

AS FOR THE POWER I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION I NEED SHIELDED WIRE 22AWG and I need to run power wires in a series formation to the GEA24. BUT HOW.....

SO WHAT I NEED HELP WITH IS DO I EVEN NEED A PASS THROUGH OR CAN I JUST RUN THE SHIELDED POWER WIRES WITHOUT IT THROUGH SERIES. IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME SPECIFICALLY HOW THE POWER WIRES ARE RUN I WILL APPRECIATE IT. (do the power wires get tied together and then one power wire per wing side run to panel?????)

PARDON MY IGNORANCE HERE. I AM A FIRST TIME BUILDER AND LEARNING ALONG THE WAY. The dual senders in these ER tanks is not a normal config and its taking some research to figure out how I will do it for it to function and operate properly.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED:)

Back