What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X non-touch MDF rebooting after firmware 12.60 update

oldpilot

I'm New Here
I recently updated the firmware on both the PDF and MDF to version 12.60 and right after the update the MFD continuously reboots about every 10 seconds. I have looked at the configuration page and everything is green except for the MDF when it starts to reboot. If i hold down the enter button on the MDF while it is booting, it will remain on as long as it is in the config page. I have also swapped panel to see if the problem follows the panel and it does. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the install on the MFD got corrupted somehow. Is there any way I can go back a version and start over or is there a way to reset to panel to a default and start over. I have had these panels for about 10 years and they have been flawless until now.
Thank you in advance.
Michael Arbuthnot
N450WM
Glassair 3

I recently updated the firmware on both the PDF and MDF to version 12.60 and right after the update the MFD continuously reboots about every 10 seconds. I have looked at the configuration page and everything is green except for the MDF when it starts to reboot. If i hold down the enter button on the MDF while it is booting, it will remain on as long as it is in the config page. I have also swapped panel to see if the problem follows the panel and it does. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the install on the MFD got corrupted somehow. Is there any way I can go back a version and start over or is there a way to reset to panel to a default and start over. I have had these panels for about 10 years and they have been flawless until now.
Thank you in advance.
Michael Arbuthnot
N450WM
Glassair 3
Send an E-mail to: [email protected]

Good luck

Back