What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin DB Mgr for Windows failing to load

sbalmos

Well Known Member
I know MacOS Ventura folks have their own problems. And I also agree that the software quality in general has gone down lately. But has anyone on the Windows side gotten the 22.12.8 (latest?) version of Garmin Aviation DB Manager to just completely fail to load?

I'm getting the attached screenshot. The referenced "missing" file is definitely there. Tried running in Admin mode, excluding the folder from AV scans, all the usual workarounds you would think of if an app thinks it can't find its own resources. Already emailed Garmin, though it's the weekend.

Just curious. Not that big of a deal... yet... Just finishing up my annual.

Attachments

• Garmin AvDbMgr Error.png
    Garmin AvDbMgr Error.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 67
DB manager

I had a similar issue after I updated the program and ended up deinstalling and then reinstalling. Worked after that.

I always have issues with loading new Garmin databases. But when I get their tech support on the line (usually via chat), they patiently walk me through it. Last time, they had to email me another website link to use, which worked with their help. Very frustrating, but they have always helped me through it. I have another update waiting, but I am not in the frame of mind to tackle it.

Amazingly, Garmin Support responded earlier this evening with a whole list of possibilities. Ultimately, it came down to one of their other recommendations - I needed to install the 32-bit x86 edition of the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable. Since I was doing this on a fresh reinstall of my PC, I hadn't needed to install that particular runtime yet. I suggested they add this requirement to the docs/website, and I swore that installer programs with MSI files can specify the redistributable as an install-time dependency. Oh well.

Back