What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gap between roll bar and brace

Dgamble

Well Known Member
I mounted the roll bar this weekend. I didn't have any of the problems I read about in the earlier threads - it fit right in without any kind of stretching or bending required. I'm concerned about this gap between the roll bar and the front brace, though:

PA038493.JPG

There doesn't seem to be any kind of adjustment that I can make. The brace is what it is, and the roll bar mounts are very robust and rigid. This seems like it could cause some issues with the canopy fitting later. Any ideas?

Do you have the rear roll bar brace clecoed on? This may offer a clue as to where the trouble is.

Nope, I don't have the tail cone on yet. I see now that the top/rear brace will more than likely push the roll bar forward. Next time I'm out to the hangar I'll see if I can just push it forward at the top and get it to move.

I'm glad I asked before I match drilled the roll bar mounts!

Hey Dave, sorry my suggestion didn't take the tail cone into account - Its all a blur now to me as construction has gone so fast. I see 24-05 shows that top brace going on, but its probably not very rigid without the tailcone. I think you are right that pushing(gently) on the roll bar may be just what it needs. I wouldn't proceed to Step 3(Match drilling the roll bar to the bases)of 24-03 untill your satisfied with the fit of the F-1254 support frames.

Back