What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G5 altimeter setting

d3mac123

I'm New Here
Hi, I just installed a Garmin G5 as a backup for my SkyView HDX ( installed with the Advanced Control Module so, no wire integration between them as there is no available serial port to that). However, I noticed that, to match my Skyview altimeter setting (30.17), I had to go to 30.11 in the G5. Is there a way to fix that in the G5 or do I need to go to a shop to do the altimeter calibration test?

Last edited:
Hi, I just installed a Garmin G5 as a backup for my SkyView HDX ( installed with the Advanced Control Module so, no wire integration between them as there is no available serial port to that). However, I noticed that, to match my Skyview altimeter setting (30.17), I had to go to 30.11 in the G5. Is there a way to fix that in the G5 or do I need to go to a shop to do the altimeter calibration test?
You will need to calibrate both units hooked up to the same pitot static box at the same time there will be three points to
calibrate the g5 -1000 feet, 8000feet and 25,000 feet.

Jeffrey W Fink

You will need to calibrate both units hooked up to the same pitot static box at the same time there will be three points to
calibrate the g5 -1000 feet, 8000feet and 25,000 feet.

Jeffrey W Fink
All true except the test altitudes are actually 0, 10,000, 20.000ft.

Back