What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X User Waypoints

HSANTIBANEZ

Well Known Member
Some months ago I post that the jeppesen database here in South America is very poor and only a few waypoints or principal airports are included, so we have to input one by one the waypoints, now when the job is done and in phase 1 im really disapointed that the user waiponts does not have the vnav feature, so if i dont go to the Principal airport I dont have vnav.

Another thing is that user waypoints does not disconect the terrain alarm so always yo land in a user waypoint field you get tarrain audio and display messages.

All the system is wonderfull, but for those people in Jeppesen and Garmin please note that America continues to the South even antartica and not only to the caribbean.

We have Central America, Brasil, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Bolivia, Praguay, Uruguay, Chile etc. I think is a interesting market to take care.

Regards,

Hello Hern?n,

We share your frustration that there is not very much navigation data available in certain areas of the world. Unfortunately there is little that can be done if a country's government chooses not to make available its aeronautical charting data in electronic form, or if Jeppesen's database does not contain the complete picture. However, we recognize that our customers often use the user waypoint database to add user-created navigation data to their units, so we designed the system to work exactly as you have described:

1. If a user waypoint has a valid altitude, the VNAV function can be used with that user waypoint just as if it was an airport.

2. If a user waypoint has a valid altitude and its symbol is an "airport" type of symbol (Airport, Private Airport, Seaplane Base, Soft Field, etc.) the terrain alerting algorithms will use the same alerting logic that is used for airports that are in the normal navigation database.

It sounds to me like you need to review your user waypoint data to make sure that each airport waypoint has a valid altitude entered, and that each one has an "airport" type of symbol assigned.

- Matt

it Works

Dear Matt, it works the symbol is very important because with the waypoint symbol does not work but with the airport symbol yes.

It would be no problem if we have to create our own user waypoint file, but the problem is that it cant be created with the same data and format of the JEPP Database so the functionality (on the G3X) of the USER WP Data base is a lot les useful than the Jepp. Data Base.
We understand that if the government dos not have the info. on a standardized basis, you cannot work wit it, but the GARMIN UNIT has different treatment by design, for the USER WP DATA BASE and the JEPP. Data Base.
It should be Different but it would be great if we can complete data, as Elevation, Field Orientation, surface type, ETC so the GRAMIN UNIT can develop all the functionality that is available for Jepp. Data base??.even if we can complete al AIRPORT DATA, maybe the G3X can make a DRAWING of the user field on the SYNTHETIC VISION feature??that?s a question and a wish that we have before we bought the G3X Unit.

Best Regards and thank you for your always quick answers,

you just bought it, so why you would like to buy it again???, I know i am your mentor:D BTW you are also benefied with mi askings so contribute it!!:mad:

Back