What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch and GTN 650 configuration checksheet

Greenley

Well Known Member
Is there any type of configuration sheet for the GX3 Touch and GTN 650? It would be nice to make a paper record of all the settings. I have been taking pictures of every screen, but a printed list would be nicer. Before updates I like to have all settings fully documented in case there is an issue.

In config mode, you can easily back up your G3X Touch configuration and calibration to a file on the data card, to be reloaded later if desired.

Configuration Settings

Is there any type of configuration sheet for the GX3 Touch and GTN 650? It would be nice to make a paper record of all the settings. I have been taking pictures of every screen, but a printed list would be nicer. Before updates I like to have all settings fully documented in case there is an issue.

Good Afternoon,

As mentioned above, you can use a config file to keep a digital record of your G3X Touch configuration settings. It is quick and easy to write a new configuration file any time you make a change. In config mode, with an SD card in the display, touch Config, press Menu, and select Copy to SD card.

The G3X Touch Installation Manual includes a diagram specific to GTN Integration with the system. This page includes all of the relevant settings required to facilitate communication between the GTN and G3X Touch. This is helpful to reference as you don't have to dig between both manuals to ensure connectivity. The GTN manual would be required for any further GTN specific settings.

Thanks,

Justin

Back