What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X sound problems

cd85ag

I have g3x and 245r in my RV10. I cannot hear music coming from phone. I can use phone for phone calls through it and the music shows that it is playing on g3x. It shows name of songs playing and I can skip songs but no sound. I have tried multiple apps and multiple headsets plugged in to different places in airplane. It is updated to 9.22 and that may have been when it started. Any ideas?

Should hear something

Your phone is obviously communicating to the audio panel if you can see the song title. Is the sound % turned up to at least 80% on the audio panel control for music? If you are getting a Rx on the radio and have the mute on Rx on you will not hear anything. Make sure your I-phone volume is turned up to 75% or higher. Should hear something. Also, you can use your Phone 1/8" output from your phone if you have the 1/8 music input wired to the audio panel, but B/T should be fine especially since it appears the devices are linked.

Volumes are all at 80% or better, Here is panel?

53141625708_efd2a35d0a_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_3955 by Clinton Day, on Flickr[/IMG]
53141572800_774137c94d_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_3953 by Clinton Day, on Flickr[/IMG]
53140556512_baefe1055d_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_3960 by Clinton Day, on Flickr[/IMG]

Clinton,

Could you show us a screen shot of your Music Input page?

You need to have the music turned on for Pilot/Copilot/Passengers on this page and selected to the Bluetooth music source.

Music Input Page.png

Steve

Clinton,

Could you show us a screen shot of your Music Input page?

You need to have the music turned on for Pilot/Copilot/Passengers on this page and selected to the Bluetooth music source.

View attachment 47043

Steve

My bet is Steve has it correct. Your phone is definitely synched and now just need to ensure the correct source is pressed and volume is up. If memory holds it defaults to 50% and that low, you can't hear anything. Mine had to be set to 75% or higher.

Steve, I will check that again. It is just as you have pictured from my memory but I will double check it.

Steve, I will check that again. It is just as you have pictured from my memory but I will double check it.

Clinton, if as depicted only the co-pilot headsets will hear your music via I-Phone. The source needs to be Bluetooth for the pilot headsets and volume needs to be turned up. :) Bruce will come through, I'm sure.

Solved

Thanks guys, Such a simple thing. Source was set to Music 1 instead of Bluetooth. I knew I would get an answer here. I looked at that screen probably 10 times trying to figure it out....

Back