What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Engine parameters

crabandy

Well Known Member
I've went through the setup of the various engine inst on the G3X, lots of configurations possible! I went through and did a basic setup but would like some feedback on people flying it. I would really hate for 15 alarms to be going off on my first flight.
What min/max values and color ranges have others already flying found work the best for O-360?
Alarm points for the various guages?
Thanks,
Andy

Here goes off the top of my head;

MP, It is all green, on a O-360 there is no Yellow or Red or alarm. I put one in at 36" just to have some colour :p

RPM Yellow at 2730 and red by 2750

Fuel Pressure, refer the Lycoming min/max
Fuel flow, set it at green to 19GPH and red at 20GPH, if you have a massive leak, well you will probably know without the alarm anyway!

Oil temp and pressure is from the book.

EGT, there is no RED for EGT, unless you have a turbo, and a TIT, but for EGT I think yellow for up to 900 and above 1600 so if you have a faulty plug in flight it will show that one up yellow. but it is not an alarm state.

CHT.....This one you CAN NOT follow the Lycoming book. I suggest you set Yellow up to 200dF just because you can, then yellow again from 380 to 400 and red from 400dF. You do not want a preignition event one day and you get an alarm at 500dF, because by the time you see that and figure out what to do, its all too late.

Back