What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Discrete, CAS, Master Warning, Caution

eavila1

Hi All,

G3X system just about all integrated and wired up (amazing how much wire it took), but my last bit of confusion lies in the discrete inputs, CAS displays, and how that integrates with a system that is already receiving that info thru EIS, and Can Bus integration.

I have a question regarding the G3X as it pertains to the discrete inputs and integration with already integrated EIS sensors, and crew alerting system. I have opted to not install any visible warning lights and instead utilize the CAS system on the G3x where i will receive for example any master warning (Low oil Pressure), master caution (low volts), or other cautions on the face of the PFD MFD of the G3X screens. My confusion is the integration if needed of the discrete inputs. Do I need to utilize the discrete inputs for the above mentioned if i have the Low Oil pressure transducer on the firewall with it wired to the GEA24 (GEA24 J243 P19,P17,P16), so I can configure the G3X to annunciate a low oil pressure situation, or do I need to have an additional green sensor wire going to the GEA24 master warning J244 discrete P44 to get that to display on the screen? I'm assuming the combined latter is what is needed. Correct?

I have the same question for the CO2 monitor..... I have that wired to the GEA24 J244 Pins 21,22,23, so would i still need to run a coupled additional sensor wire to a separate discrete pin in the GEA24 to get the CAS on screen display? Or will I be able to configure by way of the G3X screen setup to display without utilizing a separate discrete GEA24 pin?

Same question with the Low Volts of the main battery. Using the B&C voltage regulator. So is it as simple as running the #3 sensor wire off the voltage regulator box to the GEA24 discrete master caution P45?

Right now intention is to use the following:

Master Warning - Low Oil Pressure
Master Caution - Low Volts Alt Failure
CO2 Monitor - High CO2 (GEA24 J44 P21,22,23)
IBBS Pin3 - Low Voltage (backup battery) discrete P40
IBBS Pin 2 - Volts 2 P28
Possibly Fuel Pump On?
Possibly Pitot Heat On?

Hopefully this makes sense. So basically I think I need to do what is called out for the IBBS. Have it wired to GEA for Volts 2, but then have that info going to a discrete where it would indicate on screen a low situation. Any guidance will help.

Thanks,
Ed

No none of that is necessary.
Have a read of the configuration section of the install manual. Specifically the EIS configuration options.
That is where you specify the CAS alerting thresholds for each engine instrument or discrete input. No additional discretes are needed.
For the example of the low volts, you just have the GEA measure the bus voltage and configure it to throw a CAS alert at whatever low voltage you choose.

Back