What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Autopilot CWS/DISCONNECT Function

bob888

Well Known Member
I'm trying to figure out if this is a single function or two. If anyone with a G3X can help me sort it out, will be much appreciated. The Garmin wiring diagram shows a disconnect pin on each servo, to be wired together and to a momentary switch that will disconnect when closed to ground. What about the CWS function? Is that a separate function? If so, how wired? Thanks for the help.

I can NOT say for sure for the Garmin autopilot, but it seems pretty standard for there to be just one switch: momentary push and release causes disconnect; push and hold for a few seconds or more, then release, engages CWS.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a single function or two. If anyone with a G3X can help me sort it out, will be much appreciated. The Garmin wiring diagram shows a disconnect pin on each servo, to be wired together and to a momentary switch that will disconnect when closed to ground. What about the CWS function? Is that a separate function? If so, how wired? Thanks for the help.

Hello Bob,

The interconnect wiring diagram on page 24-6 of the Rev. V G3X Installation Manual identifies pin 15 on the servos as "CWS/DISCONNECT" and the example button wiring on that page also identifies this function as "CWS/DISC BUTTON".

This is indeed a dual function input discrete. Press the button momentarily to disconnect the autopilot or press and hold to use the CWS function.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Back