What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF wiring/contactor

dhmoose

Well Known Member
Can one of my fellow -10 builders confirm my thinking? Here are my thoughts:

The ignition switch is wired to the "S" terminal of the starter contactor. This terminal will cause the contactor to close and thus, turn the starter.

The "I" terminal of the starter contactor will only pass current if the starter contactor is closed. Thus, the "I" terminal can be wired to tell an EFIS or VP-X that the starter is currently engaged. The "I" terminal also gets a wire from the "VIN" terminal of the Slickstart. Thus, when the starter is engaged, so is the Slickstart.

Does this all sound correct?

Yup

I've never actually used Slickstart but what you say is correct. I'd check with Slickstart install manual and see if this is the way they recommend. But you are correct about the starter engaged purpose.

Steve,
The Slickstart manual says to wire the VIN terminal to the positive, switched side of the starter contactor. So, I am assuming that the "I" terminal qualifies. Sounds like I am on track. Thanks for the help.

Perfect. Nice to know I'm headed in the right direction. I seem to understand mechanical things that I can see, touch, and feel better then I understand the flow of electrons :)

Back