What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF kit query

tomcostanza

Well Known Member
I'm about to order a FWF kit from Van's and would like to hear from anyone with any opinions/warnings. I have a Superior XP IO-360 engine with the standard vertical induction sump. It's set up for a constant speed prop. There is a paragraph in Van's catalog about non-Lycoming engines and I wanted to know what FWF kit I should order. Reading the catalog, they seem to tell me to order the kit for a carb engine. Seems right, but I thought I would ask the group first.

Thanks in advance.

FWF Kit

I ordered the FWF Kit this summer for an O-360/CS prop. It came with the Wiring kit ($340). If you deviate from Van's drawings for the electrical system -- and you probably don't have the drawings because they come with the FWF kit -- you may want to consider dropping the Wiring kit from the FWF kit. My electrical system is based on the AeroConnection Z-11 diagram and so I did not use most of the wiring kit. Depending on your planned electrical system, you might be able to save some money by ordering the electrical stuff on your own. Get the electrical system drawings even if you don't get the wiring kit -- they are helpful

... Bill

Last edited:
Check with Vans on changes for vertical induction. The carb brackets work well, but the control cables wont work. You will need to finish things up and order what lengths you need. They will also want to know what injection system you are using. Van's will help you here.

Back