What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF Kit Modifying question

daveinDenver

I'm New Here
Hi all,
Well, I am sure someone has the same set up out there. I have a RV6 and am using an O360 clone from Titan with 9:1 cyclinders with a constant speed prop. I am putting the fuel injection on a verticle induction. (So basically replacing the carb with fuel injection). I will be ordering a FWF O-360 RV7 kit with the RV6 mod kit. So for those of you who have done this before, is there anything I should just delete out of the FWF kit. Like are the throttle and mixture cables brackets so different should I delete them and then measure and build own... etc. Carb heat delete? etc etc. Just looking for suggestions... Thanks In Advance .. Dave

PS Also I am wondering how the cooling has been on the RV6's with the cooler II from vans. I was thinking up stepping it up a notch.

Depends on your fuel injection. Their mixture/throttle cable bracket did not work with my Airflow Performance throttle body; I made my own. They only sent me one cable to use to measure the cable runs; I ordered my own after getting the runs made and determining the proper cable length. Actually, Van's has a lot of experience with this and can probably tell you pretty closely what you need/don't need. I only have a handful of things to return to them, mostly spares of things that came with the engine, like exhaust gaskets and the high pressure fuel pump and filter. So just call Van's and tell them what you are installing and they will help you modify the FWF kit.

Back