What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fwd Control stick deflection

flydjd

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Long story short, how far forward should the control sticks move ? Should they touch the F-704 bulkhead ?

I have a 7A QB and the forward deflection from upright is only approx 20 degrees...the stick is at least 4" away from the instrument panel.
The WD-610 control column then interferes with the undersides of the cut outs of the 4 inboard seat ribs. ( I have double checked that the Control system is assembled correctly ! )

Did anyone have to remove more material than the 1 1/2" hole shown on the inboard sear rib detail on Dwg 22 ?

Thanks

Your elevator stops will determine the stick movement. I had the same concerns but when I mounted the horizotal and hooked up the elevator control system and adjusted it per the instructions everything turned out perfect. Don

Everyone has their personal preference as to where they want the stick. Personally, being short, with thick back cushion, and big belly, I have my stick adjusted so that the stick is as far forward as it can go for full down elevator. Make this adjustment after setting the elevator stops.

Make sure it moves freely.

flydjd said:
Hi all,

Long story short, how far forward should the control sticks move ? Should they touch the F-704 bulkhead ?

I have a 7A QB and the forward deflection from upright is only approx 20 degrees...the stick is at least 4" away from the instrument panel.
The WD-610 control column then interferes with the undersides of the cut outs of the 4 inboard seat ribs. ( I have double checked that the Control system is assembled correctly ! )

Did anyone have to remove more material than the 1 1/2" hole shown on the inboard sear rib detail on Dwg 22 ?

Thanks

I removed about 1/8 inch from the seat ribs to allow clearance. I also cut the screws that attach the floor covers so that they would not enterfere with the stick movement.

Kent

Back