What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage to wing fuel tubes

RemyA

I'm New Here
Hello.
Someone can tell me lenght between fuselage outside skin and fuel tank connection on RV-7 ( no flop tube), in order to cut and finish fuel lines?
Thanks in advance

Originally I left mine about 4" long where they came out of the fuselage side and didn't cut or flare them until I confirmed the measurement during the first fit of my wings. On one side I measured 3 1/2" and on the other it was 3 5/8". Due to the bends immediately inside the fuselage skin you have some room to adjust in-out if your measurements aren't exact, but there's definitely a limit to how much you can fudge this, so you have to get close.

Originally I left mine about 4" long where they came out of the fuselage side and didn't cut or flare them until I confirmed the measurement during the first fit of my wings. On one side I measured 3 1/2" and on the other it was 3 5/8". Due to the bends immediately inside the fuselage skin you have some room to adjust in-out if your measurements aren't exact, but there's definitely a limit to how much you can fudge this, so you have to get close.
that would depend it you are planning on using a bulkhead fitting, (straight or 90*) and how you orient it (for the straight one).

Hello.
Someone can tell me lenght between fuselage outside skin and fuel tank connection on RV-7 ( no flop tube), in order to cut and finish fuel lines?
Thanks in advance
I would wait till after wing trial fit. You would be really annoyed if your pre-flared line ended up 1/8" too short & had no options to adjust any bends inside the fuselage to be able to vary the length some.

I would wait till after wing trial fit. You would be really annoyed if your pre-flared line ended up 1/8" too short & had no options to adjust any bends inside the fuselage to be able to vary the length some.
This was what I did. I fitted the fuel line when when the wings were attached to the fuselage. I also used the tube bending spring contraption because the regular constant radius tube bender did not work for this type of job.

PDF attached shows details of how I measured, and shows some pic's to help understand. My measurements are for MY plane - use the process to measure YOUR plane.

Attachments

• RV-7 Std Fuel pick-up & senders - Method of Measure.pdf
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back