What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage Seat Rib Question

macrafic

Well Known Member
I don't have the plans with me, so may have some of the numbers wrong.

The outer line of rivet holes in the skin that goes under the seat ribs (I think this is F-776) is not a straight line; it is curved outward between the F-704 and F-705 bulkheads. There are no instructions or plans that address this particular situation.

I'm assuming that the 2 outside seat ribs that go here (I believe these are F-715 ribs) are to be bent to be able to match-drill with the skin. That is, draw a center line down the flange of the rib, then drill the rib so that the drawn centerline is showing through the skin holes.

Can anyone verify this? Thanks!

You might also want to check it against the seat pan. You want to make sure you have a little (1/16" or so) clearance between the outside of the seat pan and the outside skin.

next step

These guys are right on, now thinking one step ahead, if you are using the classic aero interior you will want to hold off on drilling the seat back hinge. as their seat backs are a little wider and need to be centered, so we drill them very last, after the side panels of the interior are being fitted.

These guys are right on, now thinking one step ahead, if you are using the classic aero interior you will want to hold off on drilling the seat back hinge. as their seat backs are a little wider and need to be centered, so we drill them very last, after the side panels of the interior are being fitted.

Any tips or tricks to this sequence? I just received my CAD interior (full Aviator package with side panels, seats, etc.) I have *not* drilled the floor panels yet, as I saw this exact post quite a while back. Well, the time has come to start laying out the hinges/seat positions, so any advice you can give is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

Back