What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage Kit

jc11378

I am about to order my Fuselage kit. What are people adding to the kit and what are they removing from the kit. Vans does not give a good parts list for this kit but i have not looked to hard.

Or does some one have a list they could send me so i can review before i order in the next few weeks.

CopyPasta from:http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=100706

Here's what I deleted from my fuse order (and what Van's credited me for the deduction):

> 1 C-1004-L REAR LEFT WINDOW $100 (Transparencies replaced with Cee Bailey's)

> 1 C-1004-R RIGHT REAR WINDOW $100

> 1 C-1005 WINDSHIELD RV-10 $310

> 1 WD-1006-L-PC RUDDER PEDAL $91.22 (Replaced with Control Approach pedal system)

> 1 WD-1006-R-PC RUDDER PEDAL $91.22

> 2 F-1052 RUDDER PEDAL SET $5.66 EACH

> 2 F-1052C BRAKE PDL.DBLER.PLATE $3.03 EACH

> 1 F-1052B BUNDLE 4 PER BRAKE SIDE PLATE $7.84

> 1 VENT TG-1010 L&R RV-10 HEAT BOXES (2) $125 (Replaced with stainless steel heater boxes)

> 1 BAG 487-1 FUEL VALVE RV-10 ONLY $28.46 (Replaced with Andair Valve)

I also added a pair of stall access plates to provide access to the step bolts.

The prices were current as of Dec 2012, so they have probably changed with the spring price increases.

Last edited:
As Ed has mentioned, there are plenty of upgrades available, although most are not from Vans. It really depends on your requirements and how deep are your pockets. None really fall into the "must" have category. Many can be done later in the build.

If you haven't already, browse the following vendors sites for ideas.

Aerosport Products
Planearound.com
tcwtech.com
tsflightlines.com

Also, Tim Olson's site myrv10.com also lists may of the popular mods. Although the list is starting to become a little dated.

Fuselage order

Thanks, for all the input. I greatly appreciate it. I was thinking the windows were part of the finish kit.

Does anyone know if Control approach still makes the rubber peddle kits. I don't think they do. I have emailed several times with no answer.

Thanks again

I have had the same experience with Control Approach. No answers to emails nor phone messages. Someone here mentioned the owner wasn't taking orders anymore (which is a pity). I wouldn't mind paying more than he was asking, the kit was really nice looking.

I have had the same experience with Control Approach. No answers to emails nor phone messages. Someone here mentioned the owner wasn't taking orders anymore (which is a pity). I wouldn't mind paying more than he was asking, the kit was really nice looking.

I got the last rudder pedal kit he sold.

The last time I talked to him, he wasn't going to make the full replacement pedal kit, but he was working on a modification to the stock pedal system that will make it much better. He didn't elaborate more than that, but after seeing first hand the engineering and quality construction that went into the pedals I have, I'm sure it's going to be good.

Back