What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage kit is here! :)

Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
This morning started out crappy...a tool fell on a skin and made a little dent in it that I had to work out (fortunately, a bottom skin and the dent went "outwards", so I could use the flat set on the rivet gun and work some of it out, then sand and polish nearly all of it...should never be noticeable now, but....grrrrrr...), and then I mucked up the leading edge skin (don't ask what dumb-*** thing I did)...sooooo...another order placed with Van's. Sigh.

BUT...the fuselage kit arrived at the freight company today! We hitched up a neighbor's trailer and picked it up (saving at least the cost of that new leading edge skin in avoiding the delivery charge + liftgate truck charge), and got 'er home, uncrated and inventoried! Wooohoooo!

MAN, that's a lot of parts :)

Now, of course, I need to finish up the right wing so I can get cranking on the fuse...

So it turned into a very GOOD day...still not quite done putting all the hardware in bins, etc., but the big pieces are all safely tucked away upstairs (what's that thing about "You must be an RV builder if...you have airplane pieces in various states of assembly all over the house"? LOL!)

Congrats. I have been working on my fuse for the past couple of weeks. There is a lot of stuff, but seeing a new plane taking shape at my hands is awesome. Good luck and keep it up.

This morning started out crappy...a tool fell on a skin and made a little dent in it that I had to work out (fortunately, a bottom skin and the dent went "outwards", so I could use the flat set on the rivet gun and work some of it out, then sand and polish nearly all of it...should never be noticeable now, but....grrrrrr...), and then I mucked up the leading edge skin (don't ask what dumb-*** thing I did)...sooooo...another order placed with Van's. Sigh.

BUT...the fuselage kit arrived at the freight company today! We hitched up a neighbor's trailer and picked it up (saving at least the cost of that new leading edge skin in avoiding the delivery charge + liftgate truck charge), and got 'er home, uncrated and inventoried! Wooohoooo!

MAN, that's a lot of parts :)

Now, of course, I need to finish up the right wing so I can get cranking on the fuse...

So it turned into a very GOOD day...still not quite done putting all the hardware in bins, etc., but the big pieces are all safely tucked away upstairs (what's that thing about "You must be an RV builder if...you have airplane pieces in various states of assembly all over the house"? LOL!)

The fuse really starts the fun and creative part of building. You will have fun!

Best,

keep on pounding

Keep at it I just last week flew the rv8a i built with a friend 5 years in process but it is so worth it 208 mph 25 square 2000ft climb got to be experienced to be believed.

cyril

Back