What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage Kit Arrived...good & bad

Mitch757

Well Known Member
Sponsor
BAD..(sorta) My fuselage kit arrived today via ABF Freight/Cape Cod Express and there was a forklift crease on one end about 14 inches wide by 3 inches deep. The damage was noted on the shipping form by the driver and I carefully opened the lid.

I was very lucky to find that the puncture had missed most everything in the container, only very slightly bending of a flange on a skin piece. It's fixable and will be out of sight.

GOOD..The autopilot servo brackets and Section 39 of the plans are included with this kit.

Mitch Garner
RV-4 flying
PL-4 flying
RV-12..in progress

Last edited:
I have had nothing but good luck with ABF, After over 25 kits delivered (most RV's) I have not had a single problem. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Autopilot Brackets

Including the autopilot brackets is another example of the guys at Van's watching the forum and taking our suggestions to heart!!! The RV-12 kit and the plans are just phenomenal and are getting better. I just may have to start a second kit!! Job well done, guys! :):):)

Building RVs as an Occupation?

Chuckster,

You state that you have built 28 RVs of various models and your profile states that your occupation is building RVs.

I have a question and that is how can you do this as an amatuer or do you have some type of Type Certification?

Chuckster,

You state that you have built 28 RVs of various models and your profile states that your occupation is building RVs.

I have a question and that is how can you do this as an amatuer or do you have some type of Type Certification?

The FAA regulations are a bit different for S-LSA/E-LSA versus E-AB.

professional builder

This might not apply to Chuckster, but there is no law against a professional builder charging for helping to build an experimental "amateur" built aircraft. Of course, if the amateur signs a paper saying that he built the aircraft when he did not, then that is a crime.
Joe

I'd be cautious answering Planesense...

...because everything, including his profile, is "Confidential"...plus his/her first post on here.

YMMv,

Best,

Back