What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage belly weep holes

FredT

I'm New Here
Patron
While looking closer at my QB fuselage belly, I noticed that there are no visible weep holes. I’m concerned about water accumulating in the belly with no place for it to drain. I had this occur in my C-182, due to the weep holes becoming plugged. Have people accumulated water under their floors and what was done to correct it?

Depending on the specific RV model, there may be some existing tooling holes on the belly skins that can serve as drains. On my RV-12 I glued some seaplane grommets over these holes to keep exterior spray out and suck out any water that might accumulate within the belly -- never have found any evidence of water intrusion..

Easy, drill some drain holes, same goes for anything that can collect water, airbox, bulkheads, rudder, etc..
I always drill one under the fuel valve as well in case of a fuel leak.

Last edited:
Week holes

I drilled #30 at each bulkhead. Mine is a tricycle so the holes are aft of each bulkhead. Conventional would need them forward of the bulkheads. Also a hole at the low point in the Frankensnorkel and one each side at the low point in the wing root.

Back