What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage arrival

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Well at least the pieces arrived. Looks like the last three kits have made it OK. We recieved the standard build fuselage, FWF , and finishing kit this afternoon. Shipped by ABF and with the lids only removed, all seems to be OK. Crates were in good shape this time. Not quite ready to start working on them yet as the wings need the controls installed and bottom skins riveted on. We are just finishing up doing the AD on the emp. and have the elevators and rudder to reinstall, and then put it back up in the loft out of harm's way.

Good news!

Just curious, did you calculate your freight savings by shipping all the kits together?

It sounds like I'm about the same point as you on the wings. I'm just getting ready to order the fuselage.

I've been debating if the freight savings is worth the cost of capital and having to store all the extra parts until it's time to use.
bob

Bob
No we did not check on the seperate cost for shipping. Actually we did not even have an idea what the freight cost would be until yesterday. I guess that we trusted Vans for providing us with an economical solution.I see that Parsons is donating a finishing kit shipment with an east coast delivery valued at $1000 US. He does not come into Atlantic Canada as it's farther I do believe. Our Fuselage kit, FWF and finishing kit delivered to my door was $2104.28 CAD including taxes.

freight costs

I originally ordered the fuselage kit from Van's and then later had some more $$ show up so I checked into having Partain"s ship both fuselage and finishing kit together to Tennessee. it will save me $350.

Back