What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuse note

JBPILOT

Well Known Member
While working on the finish lit, I now find there should be a nutplate on the shelf plate right beside where the 2 bushing holes go down thru for the wiring. There is a clamp that holds the brake lines in place that need a nutplate on top of the shelf. Maybe I missed it during the fuse build, but I quickly looked back and did not see it.

John Bender

While working on the finish lit, I now find there should be a nutplate on the shelf plate right beside where the 2 bushing holes go down thru for the wiring. There is a clamp that holds the brake lines in place that need a nutplate on top of the shelf. Maybe I missed it during the fuse build, but I quickly looked back and did not see it.

John Bender
You're right John, there should have been a nutplate installed in the location you mention- in fact there were nutplate holes w/ dimpling in four places in the center of that instrument shelf. You're also right that the plans did not call for them. When I was on that section, I saw them and went ahead and installed nutplates there, on the assumption that they would be a lot easier to install then, rather than waiting until the stage that you're at. I determined that all four nutplates should be K-1000-3's by looking at the size of the screw holes that were there. I'm glad that someone finally corroberated my earlier instincts. Being the early builders on these little beasties can sometimes build character as well- wouldn't you agree? Steve

I am glad I came back in the house. I was just about to cleco the shelf in place. Looking thru the plans, if one of the nutplates is for the clamp for the brake lines, what are the other THREE for? The brake line clamp uses an AN3 bolt so the K1000-3 nutplate is correct for the brake line clamp.

Other THREE???

Will check the screw sizes vs. the nutplate choices.

Last edited:
Ya Steve

I just LOVE standing on my head putting those little missed things in later. Wish I was 25 again. Who am I kidding - I'd settle for 50 !

John Bender

Which shelf?

John Bender

John,

Could you tell me the part number for the shelf you are talking about? So far I have a shelf that the rudder pedals attach to, but no missing nutplates. I presume there is another shelf? I'm not there yet, so it would be much easier to attach them now. Thanks!!

Back