What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Full Van's RV Tool Kit?

Nate,
Yes, yes, thrice I say YES. Even better, you're looking at Isham who (in my opinion) gave me the best deal and most useful kit for the money. I have used all of the kit's tools, and the DRDT was invaluable.

The rivet gun is great, no problems. 3x speed, I just oil it every day like you would any other pneumatic tool. Also, the pneumatic squeezer beats the heck out of any 2-handed squeezer. The drill is OK, but I'd pay the extra for the Sioux drill and the tungsten bar (if you can't find them used on the VAF).

Great tool kit

I bought this exact tool kit. I'm very pleased with the kit overall. I have very little experience with the tools but can say this.

The rivet gun is great....can tease the trigger well. I upgraded to the Sioux drill...it's amazing! I upgraded to the tungsten bar...squeezer...perfect. I doubled my drill bits too. In fact I took every upgrade with the exception of the mechanics tool kit. Everything is top notch.

The only comment that I have is that like any tool kit...there is always going to be a few tools that you still need to buy. For me with this kit....I needed a smaller unibit. (The one it comes with it a tad large). Lots of the kit is Klein tools. I'm glad that I spent the money on the extras!!! I'm still buying lots of little things like clamps and files.....it goes with the build.

I think if you do a search on the forums...someone did a poll and Isham/planetools rated very high. That's what pushed me over the edge...it was the DRDT-2 and the squeezer as well as some Sioux tool upgrades that sweetened the deal for me. I'm only into the empennage but I have learned very quickly that quality tools is extremely important.

Last edited:
Yes for me too! Fantastic tool kit, great value, but I did break both of the fluting pliers. Otherwise, I would buy again. Pneumatic squeezers a must in my opinion and the dimpler is very nice

Back