What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuelstik

RNB

Well Known Member
Patron
On some ordering pages it seems like they offer rv model specific testers. Do they still need calibration or do the scales they are shipped with work?

if testing is needed, how did you do it? How did you remove precise amounts of fuel?

thanks.

Search function here works well. Make your own easily, calibrate by filling and marking. Most have little reason to remove fuel unless maintenance needs.

Search function here works well. Make your own easily, calibrate by filling and marking. Most have little reason to remove fuel unless maintenance needs.

Sure, but the key is to guess the right term to search for and hope it works.
I did that with the specific word “Fuelstik “ and got one hit which in context seemed to be just a casual mention, not the specific info as asked.
so, my initial question remains as that link does not answer it

I’ve done this on all of my RV’s: waited until I had a low tank, and then drain it. Add fuel 2 gallons at a time to mark the stick - it took about 4 gallons before the fuel reached the sample location out where the filler neck is. On mine I check it at the aft edge of the filler opening with the stick as close to straight up and down as I can get it. I verify its accuracy occasionally when I fill it at the pump. Accuracy can vary slightly depending on tailwheel configuration/fork design/tire wear, and main tire inflation, but overall it’s pretty accurate. I just did this to one tank, because as long as the airplane is level latterally they should be the same - and are in my case.

Sure, but the key is to guess the right term to search for and hope it works.
I did that with the specific word “Fuelstik “ and got one hit which in context seemed to be just a casual mention, not the specific info as asked.
so, my initial question remains as that link does not answer it
Yeah, fuelstik not a word……

I made one using a wood dowel when I was calibrating the fuel tanks. I use it as the primary indicator of fuel level during preflight, and I adjust the fuel computer accordingly

Back