What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Vent Line/Upholstery

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
I haven't looked at the airplane yet, but after looking at the instructions for installing the new fuel tank vent, it looks like the bracket that holds it in place would have to go through the baggage compartment bulkhead upholstery. It also appears that it would be very difficult to slide the bulkhead upholstery in behind the tank with that bracket added. I've modified the bulkhead and floor so that the tank does not have to be removed during the C.I.

Anyone with the upholstery kit looked at this>

Thanks

Wayne 120241/143WM-- Down for rotator cuff repair.

A few thoughts about this problem!

Wayne I have a few ideas about this problem. Let's start from the beginning.
If you have one of these then we have to figure out how to route the new vent tubing through it. This is the aft interior piece from Flightline interiors. It cover the entire upper part of the aft bulkhead.
e20ae4ed243a62d4665b6779c4e11c47_zps731b6953.jpg

Here is an approx spot where the hole will go through the aft bulkhead.
c5f276074551a0f815051d890c15aa78_zps2f6a02b7.jpg

Here is where the hole will go on the interior piece.
46a63248c60f9a66b8393d32c09592b2_zps762c3452.jpg

The problem is this interior piece must be remove during annual to access the tail cone to visually inspect the area. A possible fix would be to add another AN fitting on the aft bulkhead so you could simple put a hole though the interior piece and remove the vent tubing to remove the interior piece when you do the annual. Here is an approx rendering of a side view of how the vent line would be installed with the new AN fitting.
4cd8d21bcc3908f81894d352bf055f60_zps3f007310.jpg

So Wayne and others out there with this same problem what do you think?:D

I will have the same problem. How about simply making a cut in the interior piece from the hole to the outer edge. Should allow it to slide around the vent tube. Maybe add a couple of small pieces of Velcro if necessary to hold things in place. You would barely notice the small cut.

That should work but

my original question was about the bracket which supports the vent line. Is that on the back side of the bulkhead?

Wayne

For thoughts who are getting the interior package... Abby has advised to hold off drilling the "Thur baggage bulk head hole" until you have the package to see where to drill the hole for a good fit.

"my original question was about the bracket which supports the vent line. Is that on the back side of the bulkhead?"

The answer to your question Wayne is yes. The bracket with the cushion clamp goes on the rear of the bulkhead behind the fuel tank next to the stiffener.

Back